Administrative Policy: Distribution of Information through Publications, Banners or Chalking
- Provides for the general public, faculty, staff, students and student organizations, to distribute and/or post non-University publications that are not for sale on its campuses, subject to reasonable time, place and manner restrictions covered in this policy and procedures.
Using University Mail
- States that University interoffice mail services is not to be used by employees for personal mail or solicitation of funds.
Using University Real Estate
Board of Regents Policy: Property and Facility Use
- Covers non-University uses of University facilities.
- Allows for the University to enter into rental agreements with non-University entities for permissible use of University facilities under conditions of minimal legal or financial risk.
Administrative Policy: Use and Lease of Real Estate
- States that University property is not available for the personal use of individuals nor one’s sole personal gain.
- States clearly that the University cannot cosponsor activities with political groups.
- Indicates use of University property by non-University parties requires a written lease.
Administrative Procedure: Use and Lease of University Real Estate by Non-University Entities
- Covers lease and insurance requirements.
- Requires approval by the Real Estate office for contracts for use of University property for events and/or activities not cosponsored by a University department.
Using Information Technology Resources e.g., Telephones, Data, and E-mail
Administrative Policy: Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources
- Provides for information technology resources to be used by authorized individuals to accomplish the University’s mission. Use of the information and systems for personal gain, personal business, or to commit fraud is prohibited.
- Standards for using information technology resources are included for (a) use of Ids and passwords, (b) use of information/data and (c) use of software and hardware.
- Use of University e-mail, computers, and networks only for legal, authorized purposes.
- Examples of prohibited use: sending personal campaign emails from a University email address, making campaign phone calls on University phones.