The University promotes community-building activities for its faculty, staff, students, and visitors, and recognizes that tailgating has the potential to enhance athletic event experiences within a safe, responsible, and controlled environment.
Tailgating is permitted on football game days in designated areas, during specified hours, and under the conditions specified in the Tailgating Rules. The Chancellor must approve all changes to tailgating in Parking Lot E and any associated permits.
Individuals who violate this policy, the Tailgating Rules, or applicable policies, rules, or law may be assessed fines; lose their season tickets, parking, or tailgating privileges; be removed from campus; and, for students, be subjected to disciplinary action under Board of Regents Policy: Student Conduct Code.
In rare instances, the Chancellor may grant exceptions to the Tailgating Rules within the scope of the law.
This policy applies to the Crookston campus only.
Reason for Policy
To provide the framework for responsible tailgating on football game days that enhances the event experience, promotes a safe campus environment, and preserves the beauty of the campus.
|Primary Contact(s)||Savala DeVogeemail@example.com|
|Secondary Contact||Gary Wilhitefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Secondary Contact||Stephanie Helgesonemail@example.com|
- Eating food and drinking beverages (alcoholic or nonalcoholic) outdoors as part of pre-and post-game festivities in designated tailgating locations.
- UMC Campus Security
- Open and close designated tailgating areas on football game days.
- Enforce applicable laws and Tailgating Rules on football game days.
- UMC Chancellor
- Administer the policy, including maintaining Tailgating Rules and communicating policy and rules for responsible tailgating to participants.
- Determine, in consultation with appropriate University administrators, the University-authorized locations and hours for tailgating on football game days.
- Board of Regents Policy: Alcoholic Beverages on Campus
- Board of Regents Policy: Code of Conduct
- Board of Regents Policy: Student Conduct Code
- Administrative Policy: Distributing Publications and Installing Banners at the University
- Administrative Policy: Drug Free University
- Administrative Policy: Use and Lease of Real Estate