Printed on: 11/14/2018. Please go to http://policy.umn.edu for the most current version of the Policy or related document.
Committee on Academic Integrity Order of Proceedings: Morris
Appendix to Policy
This appendix supports Administrative Procedure: Student Conduct Code Procedure: Morris.
This is to be considered a template. It is expected that these will be modified at the pre-hearing.
- Call to order by the Chair.
- Reminder to turn off all cell phones.
- Announcements and opening remarks by the Chair, including such items as:
- Identification of the parties attending the hearing.
- Identification of CAI Committee members.
- Notice that the hearing is being tape recorded.
- Review the standard of proof.
- Understandings reached at the pre-hearing conference.
- Witnesses are asked to leave the hearing room until recalled by the Chair.
- Opening of the hearing by the Chair, including such items as:
- Presentation of the complaint and alleged specific rules violation.
- Review of Procedure
- Accused student responds to the complaint (responsible or not responsible).
- Opening comments (5-10 minutes), University presenter and then accused student.
- University presenter presents information and witnesses about the alleged violation
- Accused student may question presenter or witness.
- Committee members may question presenter or witness.
- Accused student presents information and witnesses about the alleged violation.
- University presenter may question student or witness.
- Committee members may question student or witness.
- A witness may be recalled by the Chair to testify on specific issues:
- At the request of either party.
- At the request of a Committee member.
- Closing comments (5-10 minutes), University presenter and then accused student.
- Hearing is closed by the Chairperson.
- Panel retires to deliberate (closed meeting, not tape recorded).