RV tailgating for Gopher football game days and other approved Huntington Bank Stadium event days is permitted in designated areas, during specified hours, and under the conditions outlined in this Appendix. These rules are intended to enhance the Huntington Bank Stadium event experience, promote a safe campus environment, and preserve the beauty of the campus.
RV tailgating is only permitted in the Victory Lot on the East Bank.
RV tailgating is not permitted anywhere else on University of Minnesota property, including parking ramps and parking garages.
RVs must park in their assigned spaces.
Day Prior to Approved Event: 6 pm - 10 pm. Those arriving outside of these hours must park elsewhere. Overnight parking is only allowed when not in conflict with academic calendar or the State Fair.
Day of Approved Event: 7 am - 10 pm
Day Following Approved Event: RVs must exit by noon
Overnight parking is only allowed when not in conflict with academic calendar or the State Fair.
Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 7 am unless specifically extended as an exception for an event. In this situation, notice will be posted in the RV tailgating lot.
Activities, Equipment and Resources
In addition to all rules outlined in Appendix: Tailgating Rules, the following items and activities apply to RV tailgating:
- One personal vehicle that fits in the assigned space is included and allowed with each RV tailgating space.
- Tailgating must not occupy more than one designated RV parking area per pass.
- Tailgating must not obstruct adjacent parking area and drive aisles.
- No waste dumping. As spots will be assigned, those in violation of dumping will have their parking passes revoked and will be billed for any required clean-up.
Nearest RV Dump Site (rvdumps.com or sanidumps.com for more locations):
Mike's LP Gas Inc and RV Service Center
1350 Frost Avenue, Maplewood MN 55109 / 651-770-9448
Twin Cities Transportation and Recovery (24/7 Towing, Heavy Duty Towing and Roadside Assistance)
Standard portable restrooms will be available in the lots starting the day prior to an approved event until RV parking ends.
Trash and recycling bags will be made available upon load-in. Cans for disposal will be in set up the morning of and picked up the afternoon following the approved event.
For overnight parking, at a minimum, the vehicle must
- be classified as a recreational vehicle by the U.S. Department of Transportation
- be self-sufficient, as power and water hookups are not available
- fit into the dimensions of the space
- be hard-sided and contain temporary living quarters with sleeping accommodations.
Event day of parking is available to permitted vehicles that do not fit the U.S. Department of Transportation’s definition of a recreational vehicle, but must still fit in the dimensions of the space.
RV tailgating reservations are made through the Athletics Ticket Office. Reservations will be subject to review and approval by Athletics and Parking & Transportation.
In the event RV guests need to seek shelter outside during off-hours due to inclement weather (e.g., tornadoes, snow storms, etc.), they may do so in the marshaling area of Huntington Bank Stadium. 24/7 Security will open the Lake of the Woods County entrance for those seeking shelter.