APPENDIX TO POLICY
Language for Customized Privacy Statements
When developing a customized privacy statement for your site, copy the sections that apply to your site from the standard University online privacy statement (privacy.umn.edu) and add the following sections. Below each section is sample language. Other sections may be added as needed for your site.
Notification (What is gathered, how it is used and shared)
- We use the information only for internal purposes and to improve the content of the website.
- We may redirect your inquiry to another person, institution, or agency to answer your question.
- We do not sell, rent, trade, or distribute any personally identifiable information obtained from visitors to a third party, except as required by law.
- We only share personal information when required by University policy or law.
- We publish on a website the statistics from traffic on this location.
Choice (Ability to contact organization to ensure personal information is not shared, if they choose)
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without parent's permission.
- You may remove information from our database to discontinue communications or service by calling:_______ or sending an email to _______
Security Of (How it protects information on site and with those they share it with)
We use appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of personally identifiable information submitted to our site and periodically update measures with new technologies.
When appropriate, the University uses encryption technologies, user authentication systems, and access control mechanisms.
Access To (Reasonable access to information collected and a way to correct inaccuracies)
- You have the ability to edit your account information and preferences at any time. By calling: _______ or sending an email to _______
- If you have questions or would like more information about the online data we collect from you, call _______ or send an email to _______
Contact Information (For questions about information collection and security of your site)
- If you have questions about this site, its collection of information, and its online privacy statement, contact <insert local contact here>.