Withholding Diplomas and Official Transcripts from Students
Responsible University Officer(s):
- Executive Vice President and Provost
- Director, Office of the Registrar
- See Contacts Section
The University will not issue diplomas or official transcripts to students with financial obligations equal to, or in excess of, $100 or to students who have not satisfied any student conduct or academic integrity sanctions.
Once a student satisfies the student's financial obligation or satisfies the outstanding sanction, the diploma will be issued and the hold barring issuance of the official transcript will be removed.
REASON FOR POLICY
The University expects students to meet any financial and/or student conduct and academic integrity obligations to the institution, both during their enrollment and upon graduation. Withholding the diploma and official transcript for not meeting these responsibilities is consistent with both of these expectations.
|Policy Information - Twin Cities||Sue Van Voorhis||612-625-8098||612-626-1754|
|Policy Information - Morris||Judy Kornfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Policy Information - Duluth||Carla Boydemail@example.com|
|Policy Information - Crookston||Ken Myersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Policy Information - Rochester||Diane Douglasemail@example.com|
- Financial Obligation
- Students that owe a minimum of $100 to the University handled by the University collections offices on respective campuses.
- Student conduct and academic integrity sanction
- A sanction imposed upon a student for violation of the University's Student Conduct Code
- Notify faculty, staff and students of the policy of withholding diplomas and official transcripts.
- College or department
- Advise students of the policy on the policy of withholding diplomas and official transcripts.
- Campus Collections Office
- Determines if diploma can be issued based on satisfactory payment of financial obligations.
- Office for Community Standards (OCS) - Twin Cities Campus
- Notify faculty, staff and students of the policy of withholding diplomas and official transcripts. Determines if diploma can be issued based on satisfactory resolution of obligation.
There is no related information associated with this policy.
- December 2013 - Comprehensive Review, Minor Revision. Provides additional guidance to the students who have a hold on their record through a new FAQs.
- December 2009 -Changes withholding of "degrees" to withholding of "diplomas and official transcripts"; Improves satisfaction of student conduct or academic integrity sanctions by expanding the policy to address these types of obligations; Aligns with practices of our peer institutions.
- December 2004