Holds on Records and Registration: Twin Cities, Crookston, Morris, Rochester
- Executive Vice President and Provost
- Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Education
- Stacey Tidball
Authorized University staff and faculty may impose holds on student records for financial, student conduct, or academic reasons. A hold may prevent a student from obtaining an official transcript, registering for courses, or making registration changes.
- For advising and academic purposes, advisers or authorized collegiate staff may place a hold on the student’s record that prevents the student from registering or making registration changes.
- Authorized University staff or faculty may place a hold on a student's record for a violation of Board of Regents Policy: Student Conduct Code, or for failure to meet financial obligations to the University (for example, unpaid bills, library fees, unreturned keys).
- The Executive Vice President and Provost and/or Vice President for Clinical Affairs may designate other appropriate reasons for the University to place a hold on a student's record.
- To resolve a hold and have it removed from the record, the student must first pay the debt owed, correct the deficiency or problem, or be cleared by the Office for Community Standards (or the appropriate office on the system campuses).
This policy is not applicable to the Duluth campus.
Reason for Policy
Holds are placed on student records to protect the University’s interests, guide or compel student action, and enforce policy. Placing holds is not an arbitrary action. Only certain offices on campus are able to place and/or remove holds.
|Primary Contact(s)||Stacey Tidballemail@example.com|
|Twin Cities Campus||Julie Selanderfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Crookston Campus||Jason Tangquistemail@example.com|
|Morris Campus||Marcus Mullerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rochester Campus||Diane Douglasemail@example.com|
There are no definitions associated with this policy.
There are no specified responsibilities associated with this policy.
- Board of Regents Policy: Student Conduct Code
- Administrative Policy: Promoting Timely Graduation by Undergraduates: Twin Cities, Crookston, Morris, Rochester
- Duluth campus policy: Holds on Records & Registration
- July 2019 - Comprehensive Review. This policy applies to undergraduate students and was modified to:
- Clarify language regarding who can place and remove holds from student records.
- Improve organization by removing duplicative language and explain the impact of holds at the beginning of the policy.
- Add FAQs to address concerns that students need more information on how to learn about holds or resolve holds.
- December 2009 - Policy now applies to Crookston.
- April 2009