The following steps make up the academic integrity procedure for Crookston:
- If an academic integrity violation is suspected, faculty sends timely notification and calls for a meeting with the student.
- Faculty and student will meet to present and discuss evidence.
- The student can either admit violation or deny the decision.
- If the student admits the violation, the faculty member determines and assigns the sanction and files a report with the AVC for Student Affairs (AVCSA). If there are multiple violations, the AVCSA will refer to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (VCASA) and the VCASA will assign sanctions.
- If the student denies the decision, they have 10 days to appeal. If the student does not appeal within 10 days, the faculty member will proceed with the steps in 3a above.
- Within 10 days, the student can file an appeal to the Unit Head. The Unit Head will then conduct an investigation.
- If the Unit Head agrees there was a violation, the faculty member will proceed with the steps in 3a above.
- If the unit determines there was no violation, the violation is dismissed.