Documents Under Review
Comments due by:
July 6, 2018
New Policy under 30 day review. After extensive consultation with financial leaders across the campus, common pain points were identified. A gap in policy as it relates to non-recruitment/non donor relations types expenditures needed to be covered. This new Business Expense Policy addresses the gap. All policy/procedures related to expenses for employees only have been removed from the Hospitality & Special Expenses policy and incorporated into the new Business Expenses policy. Cell Phone and Business Data Plan policy has been rolled into the Business Expense policy and that policy can be retired.
Comments due by:
July 5, 2018
Comprehensive Review, Major Revision. 30 Day Review.
- Clarified that this policy is only applicable when external parties are involved and are integral to the purpose of the event. -Expenses related to employees only, employee recognition and employee engagement moved to new business expense policy.
- College/System Campuses/VP Units may establish more restrictive guidelines than the ones within this policy.
- Clarified the $100 limit includes food, beverages (incl. alcohol), tax and tip
- Tipping should not exceed 20%
- Exceptions must route to Controller from unit Chief Financial Manager
- Related Procedure Documenting Hospitality and Special Expenses renamed to Applying for Expense Reimbursement (applicable to both policies)
- Related Appendix University Fund Types no longer needed as referring directly to the Chart of Accounts, Fund page
- Related Appendix University Employee Recognition Awards moved to Business Expense Policy
Policies Under Review
The University's administrative policy development process includes a 30-day open review and comment period for new and significantly revised policies. This provides an opportunity for the University community to consider and respond to policy proposals before they are in effect. The policy owner will review and consider all feedback received prior to finalizing the particular policy and associated documents.
We encourage you to provide your input, both positive and constructive, by completing the feedback box at the bottom of the draft policy before the end of the review period. Thank you for your assistance!
Director - University Policy Program