Major Event Proposal
All proposals for a major event must include the details asked for in the Major Events Proposal form and outlined in this Administrative Procedure.
- Individual or Group Responsible
Provide information on the individual or group planning the event.
- Student Group(s): Student groups responsible for booking on‐campus venues and partnering on event. Provide plan for staffing event (number of members).
- University department/college/support unit: Unit responsible for booking on-campus venues and partnering on event. Provide plan for staffing event.
- Promoters: Information on any organization or agency coordinating a performance or touring group looking to bring a packaged performance to the University.
- Sponsors: Information on organizations willing to commit funding in return for recognition with the event.
- Vendors: Information on organizations/agencies/personnel to be involved, including staging, sound, lighting, personnel, security, etc.
- Event Description and Timeline
Provide a detailed description of the event including all pertinent event logistics: time and date of the proposed event; number of expected attendees; target audience (students only, general public, etc.); a timeline for the event that includes all details from set‐up to event tear‐down; anticipated noise level; and the type, or specific venue, being requested for the event.
Campus Venue: Include information on the venue requested and any back up venues for the event (on or off campus).
Outdoor Space: Information on outdoor space set up plan and any weather plans (rain back up site).
Information about any changes in the event should be submitted as soon as they are known.
- Artist/Performer/Speaker/Public Official/High Profile Guest Information
Provide detailed information as to who the event will feature. Indicate any contracts needed to enter into for this event and the status of any offers being made. Include information on the following points:
- Performance: Information on the general “act” performed by this artist and what will be done at the proposed event.
- Background: Include past performances, any issues or concerns at other performances, or reasons for security concerns of which the requestor is aware.
- Representation: Information on the artist’s agency or organizations coordinating their appearance, any promoters the group is working with to contract the artist and any middle agencies being used to work with the artist.
- Security Concerns or Impact to Campus Community
Identify any known or anticipated security concerns caused by hosting this event on campus. This should include best estimates on impact to traffic, parking, and safety on campus by any crowds formed as a result of the event, either incidental or otherwise (ticket lines, ticket resale at venue, crowding at venue, etc.). This should also include any concerns for resources needed to secure or transport artists/performers/speakers.
- Event Ticketing
Provide a detailed ticketing plan for the event that includes:
- Ticket Pricing: UMN student, staff/faculty, alumni, general public (advance v. door sales)
- Ticket Sales:
- Where: Online, in‐person, both
- When: On sale dates, at the door
- Who: Student group, third party vender
- Ticket Structure and Plans: General admission, assigned seating
- Considerations for Refunds or Transfers: Plans due to weather or other situations
- Plans for Ticket management the night of the event: Wrist banding, ID checking, scanning, etc.
- Plans for handling cash or financial transactions
- Promotional Plans: Methods, audiences, etc.
Describe any plans for:
- Sales or cash transactions to be conducted
- Service of alcoholic beverages