Printed on: 08/17/2018. Please go to http://policy.umn.edu for the most current version of the Policy or related document.
APPENDIX TO POLICY
Alcohol Service Requirements for Licensed Venues
Alcohol Service Requirements
- Comply with all state liquor laws and regulations.
- Sales and service to minors is prohibited. The University Unit will require all venue employees to request identification of all persons who appear to be 30 years of age or younger.
- Sales and service to intoxicated persons is prohibited. The University Unit will require all venue employees to refuse sale service of alcoholic beverages to persons who are visibly intoxicated. Venue employees will notify management of intoxicated persons.
- Sales and service to persons who appear to be providing alcoholic beverages to minors or intoxicated persons is prohibited.
- The University Unit will make available an equal number of non-alcoholic beverages.
- Drinking games are prohibited.
- The University Unit will identify hours of service at each event and the time at which sale/service will end.
- The University Unit will enforce the following serving limits: two drinks per person per transaction.
- No consumption by venue employees during work shifts.
- Violation of these requirements may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination; University Unit will complete and file an incident report for each violation of these Procedures with the offices of Risk Management and University Services.
- All sales of alcoholic beverages must be made in full view of the public.
- The University Unit must comply with all regulations of University’s Department of Environmental Health and Safety.
- The University Unit will ensure that no patron leaves the Licensed Venue with a drink or open container of alcoholic beverages.
- All managers, servers, and others who engage in the sale and service of alcoholic beverages will be 18 years of age or older. No person under 18 years of age will be permitted to perform any services (e.g. washing glasses, custodial) behind a bar.