Table of Contents
Please use the contact section in the governing policy.
- A University employee uses the access they have for their job to look at private data not related to their job, for personal or other reasons or simple curiosity. (Inappropriate Use)
- A user uses tools that are used to assess security or to attack systems or networks (e.g., password crackers, vulnerability scanners, network sniffers) for which they are not authorized by the University to use. (Inappropriate Use and Unauthorized Access)
- An instructor posts grades on the web in a manner in which a student can be personally identified. (Inappropriate Disclosure)
- A user runs an exploit tool to gain access to a University server. (Unauthorized Access)
- A user installs malicious software on a University computer. (Malicious Code)
- A user shares their University password with a friend/family. (Inappropriate Disclosure)
- A user makes a single-user licensed software available to others. (Copyright and Licensing Violation)
Report acceptable use violations by following Administrative Procedure: Report Information Security Incidents.