Printed on: 08/20/2019. Please go to http://policy.umn.edu for the most current version of the Policy or related document.
Examples of Reportable Acceptable Use Violations
- A University employee uses the access they have to private data for their job to look at private data not related to their job, for personal or other reasons or simple curiosity. (Inappropriate Use)
- An instructor posts grades on the web in a manner in which a student can be personally identified. (Inappropriate Disclosure)
- A user runs an exploit tool to gain access to a University server. (Unauthorized Access)
- A user installs malicious software on a University computer. (Malicious Code)
- A user shares their University password with a friend/family member. (Inappropriate Disclosure)
- A user makes a single-user licensed software available to others. (Copyright and licensing Violation)