Electing the Layoff Severance Program
- Complete and sign theLayoff Severance Program Agreement and the Benefits Election form by the last day of employment or earlier. Employees have the right to consult with an attorney.
- Hand the completed Layoff Severance Program Agreement and the Benefits Election form to the responsible administrator/supervisor in the department by (a) the last day of employment, or (b) by the ending date of this program, whichever occurs first.
- Sign the Release on the last day of employment. (A Release signed prior to the last day of employment will not be accepted.)
- Send the Release to Employee Benefits. Benefits under this program will NOT be paid until the signed Release has been received by Employee Benefits.
- Contact the Employee Benefits Service Center at (612) 624-8647 or (800) 756-2363 (option 1) or email@example.com with questions.
This procedure should be followed in a timely manner to avoid a delay in severance payment and/or continuation of insurance coverage. Severance should be received no later than four weeks after the last day of employment, provided that the Release is received in a timely manner.