Employee Checklist (Non-Renewal Program for Academic Professional and Administrative Employees)
Appendix to Policy
- Complete and sign the Nonrenewal Program Agreement and the Benefits Election form.
- Return the Nonrenewal Program Agreement and the Benefits Election form to your department. Your application must be handed in to your department head/chair by (1) the last day of your employment, (2) the 60th calendar day following the issue date of your notice of nonrenewal, or (3) by the ending date of this program, whichever occurs first.
- Your department is responsible for certifying eligibility, determining years of service, and calculating the amount of severance pay. The department will obtain the necessary signatures on the Agreement and prepare the documents necessary for payout of the severance check.
- Sign the Release on your last day of employment. (A Release signed prior to the last day of employment will not be accepted.)
- Send the Release to Employee Benefits. Your benefits under this program will NOT be paid until the original signed Release has been received by Employee Benefits.
- If you have any questions, contact the Employee Benefits Service Center at 612-624-9090 or 1-800-756-2363, and press option 2.
NOTE: You should receive your severance payment no later than four weeks after your last day of employment, provided that we have received your signed Release in a timely manner.
Please follow the above steps in a timely manner to avoid a delay in your severance payment and/or continuation of your insurance coverage.