Students eligible to receive tuition benefits for the May and Summer sessions/terms must complete and submit the May and Summer Sessions/Terms Request for Graduate Assistant Tuition Benefits (DOCX) form to Graduate Assistant Employment Services via:
- email: [email protected]
- fax: 612-626-7911
- mail or in person: 660 WBOB, 1300 South 2nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
The Law School has one summer term from May 14-August 12, 2018.
Summer Term and Summer Session Graduate Assistantships
- To receive tuition benefits, you must be placed in a tuition-bearing classification title
- To receive maximum tuition benefits for the summer term, you must work at least 260 hours during the Summer term dates (except students in job code 9574)
- To receive any tuition benefits, you must work at least 65 hours during the Summer term dates.
- Students with job code 9574 (Summer Session Teaching Assistant with tuition benefits) must work at least 160 hours during the May/Summer session in order to receive maximum tuition benefits for the May/Summer session.
- Students with job code 9574 (Summer Session Teaching Assistant with tuition benefits) must work at least 40 hours during the May/Summer session in order to receive any tuition benefits for the May/Summer session.
- Hours worked must be within the official summer term calendar dates of May 29-August 27, 2017, to be credited for tuition benefits.
Tuition-bearing Graduate Assistant Job Codes and Titles
Registration is NOT required during the May session nor summer terms.
|Job Code||Title||Maximum Benefit|
|9526||Graduate research project assistant||$8364.00|
|9574||Summer session TA w/tuition benefit||$8364.00|
|9517||Ph.D. candidate graduate instructor||$1394.00|
|9518||Advanced masters teaching assistant||$1394.00|
|9519||Ph.D. (w/24 thesis credits) teaching assistant||$1394.00|
|9527||Ph.D. candidate graduate research project assistant||$1394.00|
|9528||Advanced masters research assistant||$1394.00|
|9529||Ph.D. (w/24 thesis credits) research assistant||$1394.00|
|9532||Advanced masters administrative fellow||$1394.00|
|9533||Ph.D. (w/24 thesis credits) administrative fellow||$1394.00|
|9538||Legal project assistant||$21,000.00|
Non Tuition-bearing Job Codes
9535, 9539, 9571, 9572, 9573, and 9575