Requesting to Scrap, Recycle, or Cannibalize Capital Equipment Assets
Departments can elect to scrap, recycle or cannibalize a capital equipment asset that is no longer used. The University must have title to the capital equipment assets that are scrapped, recycled or cannibalized. Accounting Services can verify the University has title to the equipment. Contact Accounting Services at [email protected] for assistance in determining ownership.
- Complete form UM 1393: Capital Equipment Asset Disposal from the Forms Library.
- Forward the form to Accounting Services at [email protected]
- Dean, department head, or administrator's signature is required on this form. Approval authorization can be delegated based on the President’s Delegations of Authority Program: FN02 - External sales of good and services.
- The disposal cannot occur if it has not been approved by Accounting Services.
Scrap or recycled items can be sent to the Como Recycling Facility or the ReUse Center by contacting one of the vendors below to arrange transportation:
- Facilities Management ReUse Program at 612-626-9152
- Alexander’s Mobility Services at 952-881-4128
- Beltmann Group Inc 651-639-2885
Unwanted computer equipment will be picked up free of charge by Dynamic Recycling, email [email protected] or call toll free at 877-781-4030.