Printed on: 08/19/2018. Please go to http://policy.umn.edu for the most current version of the Policy or related document.
Applying for the Procurement Card
- Employee must obtain approval from the Department Card Administrator prior to taking training.
- Must complete the online training course and complete the Card Applicant Information section of the PCard application, which is available once the online training course is completed.
- Read Cardholder Agreement section of the PCard application and sign and date the application.
- Obtain signed approval from a dean, department head, or designee.
- Once signed, the PCard application should be sent to the Department Card Administrator.
Department Card Administrator (DCA) Information
- Provide DCA contact information.
- Provide US Bank Access Online Division and Department reporting for card applicant. Division and Department values can be found on the Department Card Administrator list.
- Provide Billing Address for card applicant. If all cards for a Z Dept ID are to be delivered to the DCA, please provide the appropriate billing address and check the "Standard Address" box.
- Designate proxy roles (reconciler, approver, and if necessary certified approver) to be set up for the cardholder. Any employee assigned a proxy role must have EFS access for that role.
- Designate a non sponsored default ChartField string. This cannot be a sponsored ChartField string.
- Note: The procurement card ChartField must be established in the financial system before card is distributed.
- Sign the application.
- Obtain signed approval from the RRC Manager. If required by the unit, obtain signed approval from the Cluster Director. Scan application as a PDF and email the form to the Procurement Card Office Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procurement Card Office
- Program Administrator will review and verify:
- Cardholder employment status
- Cardholder has completed online training course
- Valid ChartField string
- The application will be processed within five business days.
- Card will be issued within five to ten business days.
- Email notification that card has been ordered will be sent to the Cardholder and Department Card Administrator (DCA) from the PCard Office.