- If I am not a Recharge Center, can I do a journal voucher in the AP system to charge another department for Goods or services that our department sold to them?
Yes. Units with expected annual internal sales less than $25,000 can do a journal voucher in the AP system using the NonISO revenue account 500103. Only actual direct non-recurring expenses (not on a rate basis) can be charged to the customer.
- Why do I need to keep my external and internal sales transactions separate?
Combining of costs of internal sales activity with external sales activity could lead to misinterpretation of fund balances.
- What is Uniform Guidance?
OMB Uniform Guidance CFR number 2 CFR 200 provides principles for allocating costs to Federal grants / contracts as either a direct or indirect charge.
- What do I need to know about the Uniform Guidance?
You do not need an in-depth knowledge of the Uniform Guidance CFR number 2 CFR 200 to operate your Internal Sales activity. The policy and procedures have incorporated the Uniform Guidance principles.
- Do I need to keep the rate review documentation?
Yes, the documentation should be kept on file in the department.
- If I adjust the rate, do I need approval from the Internal Sales Office?
No. Departmental approval should be obtained.
- When is the best time to complete a rate review?
The best time to complete a rate review is during the fiscal year budget process and updated before the beginning of the fiscal year. This allows recharge centers to use the most current financial data available for the review (the fiscal year that is ending).
- Must units include surpluses/deficits less than 15% in the next year rates?
The reconciled carry-forward balance should be included in the next year rate development. By not including the reconciled carry-forward balance, the recharge center runs the risk of potentially exceeding the allowable 15% variance.
- Can I transfer expenses after the fiscal year-end is closed?
Yes, expenses should be transferred using the actual account code. This applies to recharge center expenses only.