Making Payments Using Prepaid Debit Cards
Introduction and purpose:
Funds are added to Prepaid Debit (PPDC) cards, online, using the ClinCard Portal. Use this procedure when you want to create, or update, a study in the ClinCard system for reloadable Prepaid Debit Cards. The first section of this procedure will identify the steps necessary to request a new study be entered in the portal. The second section of this procedure will identify steps necessary to update or change an existing study. It is recommended to request a new study/project a minimum of one week in advance to ensure the study is created and the required reloadable prepaid debit cards are available.
New study/project request:
This procedure identifies the steps necessary to create a new study/project in the ClinCard portal.
- Complete the PPDC Study Form
- Will the Subject be paid greater than $600 for this study: please state yes or no. By selecting yes this requires social security # collection as well as a W9 from the subject to comply with IRS reporting requirements.
- Requested # of Cards: Enter the quantity of cards needed for the first three months. You can order additional cards later if needed. Please ensure the cards are kept secure. At completion of the study all unused cards must be returned to Purchasing. Cards distributed are study specific and should not be shared.
- Stipend Description and Payment Amounts
The stipend (or visit) information can be set up in advance. This allows the study coordinator to easily pay the subjects. All amounts entered as stipends for the study of project are considered preapproved. So the amounts will be loaded onto the subjects prepaid debit card without requiring further approval. Once a stipend is paid, it will no longer be available for selection for future subject payments. Please enter in order of occurrence.
- System Access to the Study or Project: Enter the information in this section to grant access to the ClinCard Portal for the individual study.
- Study Coordinator: Will register subjects; pay subject stipends; and, enter manual and travel reimbursement payment amounts.
- Approver: Will review and approve manual and reimbursement payments.
- Reporting: Allow user to run and view reports on specific study
- Create a Blanket Requisition using supplier # PPDC and attach the completed PPDC Study Form to the requisition. The requisition should include one line for Subject Payments and an additional line if travel reimbursements will be made. Save and submit your requisition.
- Purchasing will email the department upon final approval that the study has been entered and will arrange for card pick up. The study will then be available for study coordinators to add subjects / issue payments. Login credentials will be emailed to the portal users. Instructions on portal use will be available upon login to the ClinCard portal under the support tab.
- Purchasing will enter receipts bi-weekly into EFS and invoice in Perceptive Content to reconcile issued payments.
- Cluster’s voucher specialist will add a new voucher and select “Copy From PO Receipt”. Search for PO then select all lines and copy. Complete voucher entry and save.
Update a study/project within the portal:
This procedure identifies the steps necessary to update an existing study/project using the ClinCard system. This also includes the ordering of additional prepaid debit cards for an existing study/project. You will only enter the information on the form that is changing for the study/project.
- Enter a PO Change Order and attach revised study request form. Departments do not need to attach this form if the only PO changes include the chart string or PO dollar amount.
Complete the PPDC Study Form with applicable changes.
- Study or Project Name: This is mandatory. Please enter this information so the changes are made to the correct study or project.
- Estimated Number of Cards: This must be completed if you are requesting additional cards for the study or project.
- For the rest of the form, only enter information that needs to be changed.
Monitoring Card Inventory:
- Cards are distributed to study coordinators on a per study basis. Study coordinators may request the estimated number of cards needed for 3 months. Additional cards may be requested when needed.
- Cards may not be shared between studies and must be kept in a secure place. Purchasing Services has the right to verify a department's card inventory at any time.
- Once a study has been completed, any remaining inventory must be returned to Purchasing Services.