Making Payments to a Third Party
- Prior to payment.
Units must confirm the following prior to payment being made to a third party. Contact the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Office for assistance.
- Individual receiving payment is an eligible human participant at the time of the research involvement and that IRB approval was current at the time of participant contact.
- Individual will receive payment as a human participant rather than as a participant/consultant.
- IRB approval status is current.
- Making Payment – options available.
- Process the supplier invoice.
- Complete a Check Request Form (if an invoice cannot be obtained).
Note: If supplier has also performed additional services see Administrative Policy: Purchasing a Professional Service.