Priority registration allows a student with a documented disability to be granted permission to register at the beginning of the registration queue for the following reasons:
- the time required for travel between classes regularly exceeds the ten minutes available to students, and requires careful scheduling;
- the student requires the assistance of a personal care attendant and must arrange classes to coincide to the maximum degree possible with the availability of attendant care;
- the student's health, or the necessity of arranging for other ongoing support services not associated with University of Minnesota Crookston (UMC), requires continuity of scheduling;
- time for renovation or relocation of classroom space may be required to ensure access for the student when the course is scheduled to begin; and
- other reasons as approved by the academic adviser and the Disability Resource Center coordinator.
Reason for Policy
Provided appropriate accommodations.
|Primary Contact||Jason Tangquist, Interim Registrarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- The student or the student's academic advisor must submit a request for priority registration to Disability Resource Center (DRC).
- The request and the DRC recommendation will be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar (OTR) for action.
- The OTR will notify the student regarding the decision within five academic days, and if approved, the assigned registration date and time.
- The student may submit an appeal of a denied request to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs within five days of notification of the denial.