College Level Examination Program (CLEP): Crookston
The University of Minnesota, Crookston (UMC) offers the opportunity to submit the results of CLEP for credit in most of the Subject Examinations. CLEP Subject Examinations currently accepted by UMC for transfer credits are listed below with the minimum acceptable standard score. Credit earned through CLEP Subject Exams may be used to fulfill liberal education requirements, to fulfill specific course requirements, or used as elective credits. UMC does not grant credit for the General Exams.
The following guidelines have been established for utilization of the Subject Examinations:
- A CLEP Subject Examination may not be taken to establish credit for a course in which a student has earned credit in a higher-level sequential course.
- A student with previously earned credit in one course of a two-semester course sequence must petition the Academic Standards and Policy Committee (AS&P Committee) for approval before taking a CLEP Subject Examination to receive credit for the second course in the sequence.
- A Subject Examination may be repeated no sooner than six months after the date of the last testing. Students should submit a petition to the AS&P Committee for permission to repeat an examination.
- A Subject Examination may not be used to establish credit in a subject that the student has previously failed.
- CLEP credits awarded at another institution are not automatically accepted by UMC. The student must submit an original transcript of CLEP scores for evaluation. All scores are evaluated according to UMC policy.
|CLEP Subject Examinations||Credit-Granting Score||Credit Granted||University of Minnesota Crookston Equivalent|
|College Algebra||50||3 credits||MATH 1031-College Algebra and Analytical Geometry (3)|
|American Government||50||3 credits||POL 1001-American Government (3)|
|American Literature||54||3 credits||LIT 1016-Readings in American Life (3)|
|Analyzing and Interpreting Literature||54||3 credits||LIT 1005-Form and Idea in Literature|
|Biology||50||4 credits||BIOL 1009-General Biology (4)|
|Calculus||50||3 credits||MATH 1142-Survey of Calculus (3)|
|Chemistry||50||4 credits||CHEM 1001-Introductory Chemistry (4)|
|College Composition Modular||0||-NONE-|
|College Composition||62||6 credits||COMP 1011-Composition I (3), COMP 1013-Composition II (3)|
|History of the United States I||50||3 credits||American History I (3) States I: Early Colonization to 1877|
|History of the United States II||50||3 credits||HIST 1320-American History II (3) 1865 to Present|
|Macroeconomics, Principles of||50||3 credits||ECON 2102-Microeconomics (3)|
|Management, Principles of||50||3 credits||MGMT 3200-Principles of Management (lower division only) (3)|
|Marketing, Principles of||50||3 credits||MKTG 3300-Principles of Marketing (lower division only) (3)|
|Microeconomics, Principles of||50||3 credits||ECON 2101-Microeconomics (3)|
|Psychology, Introductory||50||3 credits||PSY 1001-General Psychology (3)|
|Sociology, Introductory||50||3 credits||SOC 1001-Introduction to Sociology (3)|
|Spanish, Level 1||50||4 credits||SPAN 1104-Beginning Spanish (4)|
|Spanish, Level 2||54||8 credits||SPAN 1104-Beginning Spanish I (4), SPAN 1204-Beginning Spanish II (4)|
|Western Civilization I: Ancient Near East to 1648||50||3 credits||HIST 1021-World Civilization I (3) Near East to 1648|
|Western Civilization II: 1648 to the Present||50||3 credits||HIST 1022-World Civilization II (3)|
Reason for Policy
Provide credit for CLEP exams.
|Primary Contact||Jason Tangquist, Interim Registraremail@example.com|