Priority registration allows groups of students, as listed below, to be granted permission to register at the beginning of the registration queue for the following reasons:
- Students with a Documented Disability
- to select a class schedule the provides additional time to travel between classes;
- to arrange classes to coincide with the availability of attendant care requires the assistance of a personal care attendant and must arrange classes to coincide to the maximum degree possible with the availability of attendant care;
- to meet health needs, or arrange for other ongoing support services not associated with UMR, which requires continuity of scheduling; or
- to provide time for renovation or relocation of classroom space that may be required to ensure access for the student when the course is scheduled to begin.
- Nursing Guaranteed Students
- to facilitate enrollment in certain prerequisite courses for the Nursing major
- Pre-PA Students
- to facilitate enrollment in certain prerequisite courses for the PA major
Reason for Policy
Provide appropriate accommodations for disabled students as well as enable students in special groups to register for specific required courses.
|Primary Contact(s)||Diane Douglas, Registrar||507-258-8008||
- The Registrar generates a list of Nursing Guarantee and Pre-PA students and gives the list to the Director of Student Success Coaching on November 1 and April 1.
- The Director of Student Success Coaching reviews the list and returns it with any edits to the Registrar by November 5 and April 5.
- The Disability Resources Coordinator gives the Registrar a list of student names and ID numbers to the Registrar by November 5 and April 5.
- The Registrar gives the final list of all students who are granted priority registration to One Stop
- One Stop changes the registration queue for these students to be the day before registration begins for the fourth year students.
- Generates list of potential students for priority registration
- Director of Director of Student Success Coaching
- Reviews/edits the list and returns it to the Registrar
- Disability Resources Coordinator
- Gives a priority registration list to the Registrar
- Gives the final, approved priority registration list to One Stop
- One Stop
- Changes the registration queue for these students to be at 8:00 a.m. the first day of registration