Banners in University properties and facilities must promote a University event, department or registered student organization.
Banners are defined as written or printed stationary or fixed matter that are larger than 14 inches by 22 inches. Units planning to display a banner at the University must follow this procedure:
- Determine sponsoring University unit and arrange funding.
- Determine content of banner and contact University Sign Shop or other professional sign fabrication company.
- Prepare the banner in accordance with U Standards. See the University Relations website, How to Convey the University Brand.
- Identify an approved vendor to install the banner according to U Construction Standards, Appendix F– Signage and Graphic Standards
- At UMD, complete UMD Registered Student Organizations – Banner space request
- At UMTC, complete "UMTC Banner Installation Request"
Forward request to appropriate personnel on your campus (see Contact section in policy):
Banners smaller than 14 x 22 inches should follow administrative procedure: Distributing Publications.
Prior to installation of any banner, contact appropriate personnel on your campus as listed in the Additional Contact section of the Policy.