APPENDIX TO POLICY
UMD Housing Poster and Banner Guidelines
All posters and banners to be posted in any residential facility must be approved and stamped at the 189 Lake Superior Hall information desk.
Only University organizations or departments may display posters and banners. The group’s name must be printed clearly on each posting.
Picture or language suggesting alcohol or alcoholic beverages cannot be mentioned on any banner or poster.
Banners and oversized posters may be hung in the Lake Superior Hall lobby only, and must meet the following guidelines:
- Groups may reserve banner space in advance at the 189 Lake Superior Hall information desk. Banner space is limited, and reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis.
- The size of the banner must not exceed 20 square ft (8 ft x 2 1/2 ft).
- Maximum length of posting is one week; major campus events may be approved for one additional week.
Posters are only permitted in approved public areas of residential facilities (listed below). Posters not in approved areas will be disposed of by Housing staff. The following guidelines apply:
- Groups must get posters approved and stamped at the 189 Lake Superior Hall information desk.
- Sliding pamphlets, leaflets, or flyers under doors or distribution of pamphlets, leaflets, or flyers by placing them in mail boxes is NOT permitted.
- Posters are not permitted within the floor living areas, lounges and unapproved elevator landings.
- Maximum length of time of posting is 30 days. Posters may be approved for an additional 30 days if they are removed and re - approved.
- Approved posters may be posted in the following 17 locations in the residential facilities:
|Burntside Hall||One posting on bulletin board at entrance|
|Griggs Hall||One posting each on the six bulletin boards in Griggs concourse
(located near Griggs A, mailboxes, K, P/Q, P/Q conference room, R/S)
|Ianni Hall||One posting on bulletin board by the Ianni mailroom|
|Lake Superior Hall||One posting in first floor elevator landing|
|Vermilion Hall||One posting on bulletin board at entrance|
|Goldfine Apartments||One posting on white board by the mailboxes in Goldfine B (middle building)|
|Heaney Apartments||One posting on white board by the mailboxes in Heaney Service Center|
|Junction Apartments||One posting on white boards in mailbox area in each building|
|Oakland A Apartments||One posting on white board by the mailboxes|
|Oakland B Apartments||One posting on white board by the mailboxes|
|Stadium Apartments||One posting on white board by the mailboxes in Stadium E - H (middle building)|