Steps to follow in requesting to move an exempt or non-exempt civil service or union-represented staff appointed employee into a P&A appointment:
- The responsible administrator/supervisor completes the form, UM 1753, “Request to Move a Civil Service or Union-Represented Staff Appointed Employee into a P&A Appointment” and submits it with supporting documentation to the department head for review and signature.
- The request (UM 1753 and supporting documentation) is next routed to the unit head (dean, vice president, chancellor) or designee.
- Once signed at the unit level, the request is then submitted to the Office of Human Resources for review and final approval.
- The employee must then sign the request form indicating agreement to the change.
- The approved appointment change is then entered into HRMS with the Action/Reason code of: Job Reclassification (JRC)/Lateral (LAT).
- This change in appointment is to be communicated to the department.
- If applicable, the appropriate union is to be notified of the change.
- The original completed form with supporting documentation is to be held in the employee’s department personnel file.
- A copy of the form and supporting documentation is also maintained in OHR Compensation.