Obtaining Tuition Benefits for May and Summer Sessions/Terms
Printed on: . Please go to http://policy.umn.edu for the most current version of the Policy or related document.
Students eligible to receive tuition benefits for the May and Summer sessions/terms must complete and submit the May and Summer Sessions/Terms Request for Graduate Assistant Tuition Benefits form to Graduate Assistant Employment Services via:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: 612-625-9801
- mail or in person: 660 WBOB, 1300 South 2nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
The Law School has one summer term from May 13-August 11, 2013.
Summer Term and Summer Session Graduate Assistantships
- To receive tuition benefits, you must be placed in a tuition-bearing classification title
- To receive maximum tuition benefits for the summer term, you must work at least 260 hours during the Summer term dates (except students in job code 9574)
- To receive any tuition benefits, you must work at least 65 hours during the Summer term dates.
- Students with job code 9574 (Summer Session Teaching Assistant with tuition benefits) must work at least 160 hours during the May/Summer session in order to receive maximum tuition benefits for the May/Summer session.
- Students with job code 9574 (Summer Session Teaching Assistant with tuition benefits) must work at least 40 hours during the May/Summer session in order to receive any tuition benefits for the May/Summer session.
- Hours worked must be within the official summer term calendar dates of May 27-August 25, 2013, to be credited for tuition benefits.
Tuition-bearing Graduate Assistant Job Codes and Titles
Registration is NOT required during the May session nor summer terms.
|Job Code||Title||Maximum Benefit|
Graduate research project assistant
Summer session TA w/tuition benefit
Ph.D. candidate graduate instructor
Advanced masters teaching assistant
Ph.D. (w/24 thesis credits) teaching assistant
Ph.D. candidate graduate research project assistant
Advanced masters research assistant
Ph.D. (w/24 thesis credits) research assistant
Advanced masters administrative fellow
Ph.D. (w/24 thesis credits) administrative fellow
Legal project assistant
Non Tuition-bearing Job Codes
9535, 9539, 9571, 9572, 9573, and 9575